We broached the subject of forced adoption with Lord Patel, who agreed that most adoptions which took place were unnecessary and could be avoided with the right support.
Researching Reform was very kindly invited to the House of Lords by new Social Work England Chair, Lord Patel, to discuss social work in England and what families and children felt about it, as service users.
We met with Lord Patel yesterday, who shared updates on Social Work England’s progress with us, as well as his vision for the sector and his views on the current problems it faces.
Lord Patel also revealed that Social Work England, or SWE (which the sector is pronouncing ‘swee’) began its recruitment drive this week, for several positions within the regulatory body. Amongst the jobs currently available, are:
- An Executive Director For Corporate Services
- A Principal Legal Adviser
- An Executive Director For Registration & Quality Assurance
- An Executive Director For Strategy & Policy and;
- An Executive Director For Fitness to Practise
When we spoke with Lord Patel, we discussed the most significant challenges the…
View original post 625 more words