A new survey published by Community Care is asking child welfare professionals to get in touch and offer information about how they are using social media to monitor families.
The survey features eight questions:
1. What is your role?
2. Do you use social media?
3. Have you ever used social media to look at a service user’s profile?
4. Have you ever used social media to look at a service user’s profile, with a view of gathering evidence?
5. Are you aware of the guidance from the Office of Surveillance Commissioners (now the Investigatory Powers Commissioner’s Office) on the covert surveillance of social networking sites by public authorities?
6. If you are aware, are you confident with your understanding of the guidance?
7. Are you confident you know the rules around using social media as part of a case?
8. Do you know who in your organisation to ask to explain the rules around using social media…
View original post 318 more words