The Australian Institute of Family Studies has begun to focus on the issues surrounding forced adoption, and as such have a very interesting dedicated page to the phenomenon.
The site tells us that the Institute has looked at a number of areas within forced adoption and separation matters including:
- The history of adoption in Australia
- Effects of closed and forced adoption policies and practices on affected individuals
- Links between adoption and other family separation practices, and their effects
- Current service and support needs of those affected
- Broader service delivery implications.
The site is well worth a visit and offers links to other relevant publications, as well.